700r4 transmission hook up, re 700r4 tcc/lockup wiring
Failure to get the adjustment right will eventually burn up the transmission due to insufficient line pressure. Never attempt to drive a vehicle with low transmission fluid. Add transmission fluid through the transmission fill tube, checking the fluid level every quart to prevent over filling. There are no external adjustments and no noncomputer workarounds. Externally, all it needs is a volt source and an engine-vacuum reference.
Tips The toggle switch can be installed in any location inside the vehicle. Install the new filter into the transmission by gently pushing up on it. The trans is new enough that it has a lot of wires going to it. Locate a body ground under the vehicle and attach one end of the gauge wire to the body ground. Disconnect the negative and positive terminals of the battery.
Re 700r4 TCC/lockup wiring
Warnings Never turn on the torque converter lock-up at slow speeds, as this may damage your vehicle. Over the years, various aftermarket companies have offered retrofit brackets and other solutions to ease the pain of putting a behind an older carburetor. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Runs, contact us. Always leave enough extra length when cutting wire, legal age difference so it can be secured later. Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email.
Decide where the toggle switch will be located within the vehicle, and install it. Loosen the transmission pan bolts four or five turns each, and gently pry down on the edge of the transmission pan, being careful to prevent any bending or warping. Place one hand firmly on the transmission pan and hold it to the transmission case.
It Still Runs
- Back the vehicle off the car ramps.
- Route this wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall and down to the transmission.
- This time, I will use an electronic speedo.
What s Needed to Install a 700-R4 or 4L60E Trans Behind Carbureted 350
- Torque the transmission bolts to the manufacturer's recommended torque with a small torque wrench.
- Secure all gauge wire to the vehicle with zip ties to prevent any hanging wire.
- Press the transmission pan back onto the transmission and hand-tighten the bolts that secure the pan to the transmission.
- Allow as much fluid as possible to drain from the broken seal between the transmission and transmission pan.
- This article was written by the It Still Runs team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information.
A Carbureted 350 We find the answer
Drive the vehicle onto car ramps, put it in park, and set the emergency brake. Consult your speedometer manufacturer for its recommended solution. When the solenoid is engaged, fluid is applied to the torque converter clutch, creating lockup and a direct link between the engine and transmission. Place the new transmission pan gasket over the transmission pan, minnesota laws on dating a aligning all holes.
Attach the constant side of the toggle switch. There are various home-brewed ways to accomplish this, but due to detailed differences through the years, service such schemes may not be applicable to every model. Put on safety glasses and place a large drain pan under the transmission pan.